Saturday, March 23, 2013

Behind the scene: the Making of the initial earrings

I am adding a new line to my shop : initial earrings with birthstone! They are so pretty. Make great birthday present.  Here is the step by step of how these are made:


the set up
1st step: stamp the metal charm
I chose letter A for Amy!
2nd: flatten the charm with light pressure

3rd: punch 2 holes on the charm for earring hook and birthstone
4th: darken the alphabet with black permanent marker

5th: wipe the charm with alcohol to clean any excess

6th: making french wire earring hook with my pen. I used 14K gold filled wire for my earrings


My earring hook!


6th: add the charm and a little heart on the earring hook

7th: Last step, attach the birthstone to the charm. This one is Ruby!

Viola! Done!


Get a pair of these beautiful earrings at my Etsy shop :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment